This headboard was another freebee on the side of the road. I painted it with some free "mistake" paint from the local hardware store. The consistency of the paint was really thick and hard to work with, but after I smoothed it down with heavy gage steel wool, it had a nice, smooth antiqued look. Then, I added the accent color in the back of the shelf to "modern it up."
The pillows and bedspread were made with leftover fabric from other projects. Thanks to my studio neighbor, Saskia Winter of MooiWeddings.com, I was reminded how to load a bobbin, and thread a sewing machine. Once I got going, it was like riding a bike.